NMSEA Membership Information

NMSEA membership provides education to tax professionals and tax preparers within the New Mexico region through classes, conventions, and seminars.

How to become an enrolled agent (EA).

A prospective EA must first obtain a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) at www.irs.gov/ptin. He/She then must pass all three parts of the Special Enrollment Examination (SEE) or apply and obtain approval based on certain prior IRS employment, apply for enrollment using Form 23, and pass a tax compliance check.  Upon receipt of an enrollment card, he/she should update credentials at www.irs.gov/ptin.

To sign up and join NAEA click the link below.


For enrolled agents and members.

“EAs are the only federally licensed tax practitioners who specialize in taxation and also have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the IRS.”